You agree to hire the bicycle and accessories specified above (together, “equipment”), to pay the cost of hire, and you accept the terms on this form.
1) Registration, Booking, Payments, Booking Confirmation.
The following data shall be deemed mandatory in order to register with Tawe Bikes Ltd: name, address, phone number and email address. If any of the above data is founds to be intentionally fake, Tawe Bikes Ltd reserves the right to close the account.
The chargeable rental period of a bike is shown when you book.
The customer is obligated to pay the billed amounts by means of credit or debit card in advance.
Prepaid cards and virtual cards or virtual credit cards numbers are not accepted by the Provider
You card details are retained to be held against any loss, theft, damage or failure to return the equipment by the specified time and date.
Unless otherwise stated in writing by Tawe Bikes Ltd, each customer may rent up to four (4) bikes on their customer account at a given time. The account holder is responsible for all charges relating to the hire and the return of the bikes to the hub.
Following the successful return of the rental bike, if the customer wishes to reuse the returned bike they shall be required to initiate a new rental process.
2) The Equipment
The customer is responsible for making themselves familiar with the condition and the appropriate use of the rental bike before rental.
The customer is obliged to check before use that the bike is in a roadworthy and safe condition, as much as is reasonably possible. Should the customer find technical defects or deficiencies at the beginning of, or at any point during the rental period, they must notify us, end the rental and stop using the bike immediately.
If there is a technical defect or deficiency after rental but before the customer uses the bike the rental will be cancelled by Tawe Bikes Ltd once notified by the customer and refunded or a replacement bike provided.
You accept complete responsibility during the period of hire for the safe custody of the equipment (bike, helmet, lock) and for any loss, theft or damage (howsoever caused).
Unauthorised modifications or alterations to the rental bike is not allowed.
The rental bike must be locked properly when not in use, even if the customer leaves the bike unattended for a short time.
You are responsible for the security of the bicycle and must lock it to a fixed object whenever unattended and keep the equipment safeguarded at all times. You must return the equipment by the specfied rental end time and date. Any loss, theft, damage or accident should be notified to email@example.com immediately and in the case of theft or accident to the nearest police station too. Please retain a copy of your crime reference number and any correspondence for identification purposes.
Any replacement or repair costs or insurance excess payments due to damage that you incurred or loss may be charged to your registered card subject the following limits per bike hired (Minor marks on paint work, wear and tear are not considered damage).
- Damaged of lost helmet £30
- Damaged or lost lock £25
- Damage to bike up to £75
- Loss or theft of bike £200
You must be 18 years old to register an account on Tawe Bikes Ltd. You must be 14+ years old to ride a Tawe Bike. All riders under 18 must be supervised at all times by a competent adult cyclist.
You may not use a Tawe bike;
- freehand (“no-hands”) operation of the bike is not allowed at any time
- to transport illegal, flammable, explosive, toxic or dangerous materials or substances
- on mountain bike trails and any other rough terrain
- to carry other persons, in particular young children
- for hiring to third parties
- for use in a cycling race or any other competition
You accept that cycling has risks and confirm that you are a competent cyclist. You should not ride if you are in ill health, have a disability likely to affect ability to cycle, or your eyesight is not up to the standard required by a road driving test. Do not ride under the influence of alcohol, strong medication or other drugs. It is strongly advised that you wear a helmet and use other appropriate safety equipment and clothing. Front and rear lights are required in hours of reduced light.
Please follow the highway code. Do not ride on pavements except where permitted, against traffic, or more than two abreast. Do not run red lights. Be courteous to pedestrians and other road users. Ride responsibly: do not attempt any manoeuvres beyond your skill level or the bike’s specific capabilities.
The customer is obliged to obey all road and traffic laws and regulations.
It is forbidden to use the bike basket in an improper manner or overload it (maximum allowable load: 5 kg). The customer is obliged to ensure that all transported goods and items are properly fastened and secured at all times.
If a customer provides a bike to a third party to use, they must guarantee that the third party agrees to these GTCs. The customer is responsible for the actions of any third parties they allow to use the bike to the same extent as for their own actions.
You accept full responsibility if you ignore any of the above and we are not liable for death or injury to any person or loss or damage to any property that results. Save in respect of liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the hire company’s liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise is limited to the cost of hire. You agree to indemnify us against any liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses arising out of or in connection with the death or injury to any person or any damage to property resulting from your hire or use of the equipment. We advise that you do not ride without personal and third party liability insurance.
4) Return of the Rental Bikes
The bicycle MUST be returned to our hub and the bike must be locked in the provided bike racks at the rental station.
Defects such as tire damage, rim defects or gear shift failures must be reported on tawebikes.com
You card details are retained to be held against any loss, theft, damage or failure to return the equipment by the specified time and date. If not returned by the specified time and date, the cost of additional hire shall be charged as outlined below
- 0 – 15 mins after hire end time £0
- 15-30 mins after hire end time £2.50
- 30 mins+ £5, plus £5 per 30mins thereafter
5) Tawe Bikes Ltd Liabilities
- Tawe Bikes Ltd shall be liable to the customer in any case of malicious intent or gross negligence demonstrated by Tawe Bikes Ltd, as well as by any representatives or agent in accordance with the statutory provisions. Furthermore, Tawe Bikes Ltd is only liable for the violation of life, bodily health or culpable violation of essential contractual obligations or any other statutory reasons that may be applicable. Should any essential contractual obligations be breached, the claim for damages shall be limited to the foresee- able damage adhering to the contract. Tawe Bikes Ltd is not liable for damages to objects which have been transported during a rental either through the use of the bike basket or the cellphone holder (if applicable), unless the damage was due to intentional or grossly negligent behaviour of Tawe Bikes. Other than the aforementioned stipulations, the liability of Tawe Bikes Ltd is excluded.
- Tawe Bikes shall not be liable in cases of improper and/or unauthorised use of the bicycle unless the damage was due to intentional or grossly negligent behaviour of Tawe Bikes or the damage would have occurred independent of the improper/unauthorised use.
6) Customer Liabilities
- Use of services provided by Tawe Bikes Ltd occurs at the customer’s own risk. The customer takes full responsibility for damages caused by themselves. The customer is solely responsible for any liability claims resulting from actions or events occurring during the rental period or as a result thereof. Claims made by Tawe Bikes liability insurer against a customer remain unaffected.
- The customer shall be made liable for all costs and damages incurred by Tawe Bike Ltd due to culpable non-compliance with obligations under these terms and conditions.
- The customer accepts liability from the moment they receive the lock Key until successful return. If the customer causes damages due to any negligent behaviour or the bike is stolen because of such, the customer remains liable according to the costs for material and labour costs or recovery of stolen bikes to an amount up to but not exceeding as outlined above. This maximum amount does not apply in cases in which the customer has caused the damage intentionally or where the customer is proved to be grossly negligent in their actions. In such cases, the amount of liability claims applicable shall be determined by the actual amount and real value of damage incurred.
- The customer is liable for the consequences of traffic offences or criminal offences committed by them during use. They shall bear all resulting costs and indemnify Tawe Bikes Ltd completely against any claims of third parties.
- If the bicycle is stolen during the rental period, the customer must report the theft immediately to the police and then to Tawe Bikes Ltd via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tawe Bike Ltd is entitled, in cases of due reason e.g. non-compliance with these GTCs or any other applicable laws or regulations and in particular in cases of misuse, to cancel customer rights and thereby exclude customers from using Tawe Bikes Ltd services and cycles.
- Information obtained by the police regarding non-compliance with these GTCs, any applicable laws or regulations, while the customer or any user under their account are using a bicycle may be disclosed to Tawe Bikes Ltd. Tawe Bikes Ltd may use such information to exclude or suspend the customer from using the cycles.
7) Customer Obligations in Case of Accidents
Tawe Bikes must be informed of accidents immediately via tele- phone and email at email@example.com. In cases of accidents involving not only the user, but also third-party property or other persons, the customer is also obliged to report the incident to the police immediately. Failure to do so on the part of the customer shall result in the customer being liable for damages incurred by Tawe Bikes owing to infringement of said obligation.
8) Confidentiality of User Information
- The customer is responsible for preventing unauthorised use of the customer’s user data by third parties. This applies, in particular, to their personalised password.
- Tawe Bikes expressly states that Tawe Bikes Ltd employees are not authorised to and will never request or ask for the customer pass- word.
- The customer may change the personal data anytime and as often as they want.
- Should the customer have reason to believe that their user data has been compromised or misused, they should inform Tawe Bikes Ltd of this fact immediately.
Data privacy statement
All data will be handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/678 as defined by EU regulations.
Gathering and processing of personal data
Each call to our homepage and each subsequent call on one of the homepage deposited file will be registered. We save this information for internally monitored statistics. Saved data are: Name of the called file, date and time of the call, transferred data set, message over successful call, browser and inquiring domain. Personal information will be saved if you register an account with Tawe Bike Ltd.
Use and passing on of personal data
When entering personal data, we use this only to manage and maintain your account and records in line with Cycle Hire. Tawe Bike Ltd is entitled to disclose information about the customer to investigating authorities to the necessary extent, in particular the customer’s address, if the requesting authority submits proof that proceedings have been initiated against the customer for an administrative or criminal offence.
Processing of payment data
All payments are stored and handled in compliance with Payment Card Industry Standards (PCI). When payment is made by credit card, the customer’s credit card data will be transferred to our partner Stripe for verification and accounting of the rental fees.
Right to be informed
We will inform you about the saved personal data on written enquiry. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address as specified on our page.
These GTCs and customers’ use of Tawe Bike Ltd services are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Verbal auxiliary agreements do not exist.
Legal ineffectiveness of any part of these GTCs does not affectthe validity of the remainder of the document
Should a provision of these GTCs be or become ineffective or unfeasible, the validity of the remainder of the document and its provisions shall remain unaffected. A regular and valid provision which has the aim and purpose of the law with similar con-